Tuesday, October 5, 2010

That crazy time of year: Conferences

So we've pretty much just gotten back from the annual Elim national church conference.
All the church staff went (except for our poor long suffering finance Jedi, Beth) and a energetic contingency of youth and youth leaders also made the trek.
It was well worth it.

The conference theme for this year was 'Kingdom', and it was all about breaking our ridiculous, religious churchy mindsets and really understanding the fact that we are citizens of God's Kingdom here on earth - and we represent Him wherever we go and whatever we do, not just in church!

One of the speakers was Dr. Myles Munroe, and I got a lot of great notes from his messages.
The stuff that I appreciated most from him was the real practical leadership keys he was giving out.

He had a great theory which pretty much said that everyone should be a leader, leading with their own unique gift to the utmost of their ability. Very cool stuff, and reminds me I need to study my notes. I'll add that to my very long do to list. : )

And this weekend, a bunch of our worship people are going to the the 'One Heart' worship conference put on by Equippers church.

This is totally going to be great, and I'm honored to be playing in the band as well.
It feels a wee bit sacrilegious to say it, but I get to be onstage helping to lead worship alongside of some of my personal heroes and influences.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to being backstage franticly taking notes on how Wayne and Libby Huirua and Henry Seeley lead, not just with the practical stuff but also spiritually.

And right now I'm going to go keep working on the songs, because I know that if I don't nail them, Wayne Hui will not be happy.
And fair enough. His job is to help and encourage musicians give God their absolute best.
That's a pretty cool job!

I'll let you know how it goes.

benny

No comments:

Post a Comment